Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Gift of Creativity

I love to garden, but I also like to paint.  I think that our creative spirits are gifts from God - a love of beauty, a desire to make something that wasn't there before, to add a little delight to life.  I'm not good at drawing or painting, but I enjoy doing it.  And so I found a way to do it that doesn't require drawing skills.  
 
To help me deal with stress one day, I got the paints out and began doing this kind of painting - a liquidy blend of colors that looks like rainbow water.  I call it Water Colors.  It's relaxing to paint like this because I don't have to be worried about trying to make something look realistic.  I can just "go with the flow."  And I love seeing what develops as the colors blend.  I think I'll do more of this when I feel the need to paint.  It really is relaxing!
 
   












This last one is a double-canvas painting that I hung in our stairwell because I needed a large colorful painting for a huge blank space.  I can see it from our bedroom every day.